The Important Work
As an organization, we support BLACK LIVES MATTER and all movements for social change regarding systemic racism and injustice. Words are not enough, we must be accountable for our actions towards change. These important changes have begun internally by ensuring an effective and inclusive culture where all employees feel welcome, respected and heard. It's important to our company culture that we positively impact the communities in which we work. We have documented key action items below and will continue to update this page with our progress.
- Our newly formed Employee Engagement Council (EEC) has helped to influence leadership decisions and actions. Most recently, the council has organized virtual and in-person engagement activities company wide. These have included holiday celebrations, wellness breaks, a food drive to support hurricane affected areas of Louisiana, and they started a book club! The council is empowered to influence the work culture they desire most.
- Our new head of Human Resources is quickly evolving our culture through enhanced employee relations, new recruitment strategies, and training. We are partnering with organizations and schools making sure our talent pool is diverse and effective. Our recent third-party employee compensation analysis will ensure our performance and compensation plans remain competitive.
- Our executives and EEC chairs continue to engage with leaders of the New Orleans community as well as industry experts in diversity and inclusion resulting in greater empathy from the leadership team.
- The KREWE Foundation has renewed the partnership with Louisiana Academic Health to provide New Orleans students with complementary vision exams and prescription eyeglasses. In the 2019-2020 school year the partnership provided 600 students with prescription eyeglasses. The goal is continued expansion ensuring all high-school students within our communities receive the proper vision assistance they need.
- From June thru October 2020, we provided our customers the choice to donate 20% of their qualified purchase to a selection of charities that support the BLACK LIVES MATTER movement, human rights efforts and disaster relief.
- In November, the children from our local community are returning to school. We are focusing efforts on The Krewe Foundation, supporting change and engaging with the local community in the form of KREWE sponsored volunteerism and continued donations.
Beyond today, we will hold ourselves accountable to expanding our knowledge and cultural competencies through training and education. Additionally, we will be forming a Board of Directors to include diversity of people and disciplines to help inform our future.
We acknowledge our shared global pandemic and have continued to implement health and safety protocols holistically. Beyond today's challenges, our shared goal is to be a model company for the future; therefore, the important work can't wait! To start a conversation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to join us on this journey? Check out our open positions.
Published Jun 2020. Updated July, August, September, October, and November 2020.